Personal Injury Lawyers Serving The Bronx
Having a local attorney represent you means your lawyer will be accessible to you when you have questions and accountable to you when you need results. I am attorney Kevin Kohn, and I have been providing legal services to residents of the Bronx for over 20 years. I was born and raised here, and I am proud to serve the community that I call home and the people whom I consider neighbors and friends. Along with my associates at the Kohn Law Firm, I provide legal services to meet all your most pressing legal needs. Call my office at 718-409-1200 for a free consultation, and find out what the Kohn Law Firm can do for you.
Professional, Aggressive Representation in Bronx Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury represents a major disruption in your life. You have had to miss work, and you may even have lost your job or become permanently disabled. You may wonder how you are ever going to pay all those medical bills, what kind of care you will need in the future, and whether the pain from your injuries will ever go away. At the Kohn Law Firm, we understand these questions and how to find the answers because we have been handling personal injury cases in the Bronx for more than 20 years. We take the time to understand the full extent of your legal damages, and we fight to protect your rights and get you the maximum value of your claim.
Our Bronx personal injury lawyers help accident victims in a wide variety of situations, including:
- Car Accidents – Distracted driving is on the rise, and along with speeding, drinking and driving and other careless and reckless behavior, the roads are becoming increasingly dangerous places to be. As a New York injury law firm, our team of attorneys are vastly experienced in New York’s complicated no-fault and fault-based insurance laws, and we help you recover maximum compensation when you are seriously injured due to another’s negligent or distracted driving.
- Sip and Fall – Property owners owe a duty to their customers and the public to maintain their premises in a safe condition, and to clean up spills or repair hazards in a reasonable time frame. We represent slip and fall accident victims in grocery stores, restaurants and retail establishments when property owners have failed to keep the premises safe, including snow and ice hazards at entrances, exits and sidewalks.
- Construction Accidents – The construction industry is a vital part of New York’s economy, and the industry is currently booming. Unfortunately, construction accidents have seen a dramatic increase as well. New York Labor Law holds property owners and contractors strictly liable for injuries to construction workers in certain circumstances, but these cases are frequently fought hard by the responsible parties and require aggressive representation from an experienced New York injury lawyer. We represent workers injured in ladder falls, scaffold collapses and other construction site dangers on Bronx construction projects.
- Elevator Accidents – Thousands of people are injured every year, some fatally, in elevator accidents caused by lack of proper maintenance or faulty repair. Elevator passengers risk tripping hazards from misleveled cars, crushing injuries from door malfunctions, and fall injuries due to serious electrical or mechanical defects. People in the Bronx have no choice but to rely on elevator transportation to be safe and work properly. At the Kohn Law Firm, our Bronx injury attorneys stand up to building owners and other responsible parties to get full and fair compensation for our clients, and to make elevator transportation safer for everyone.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect – We trust nursing homes to give our loved ones the care and attention they need, not only for their health and wellbeing but also for their daily living and quality of life. The lack of adequate care, from simple neglect to intentional abuse, is simply inexcusable. We take nursing home injury cases very seriously and put the full force of our firm’s skills and resources behind holding nursing homes fully accountable to nursing home injury victims in the Bronx.
A Comprehensive Law Firm Dedicated to Meeting the Many Legal Needs of Bronx Residents
To expand my firm’s ability to serve the people of the Bronx in many areas of legal need, I assembled a team of attorneys with diverse legal backgrounds and experience. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of the community with a high level of skill and quality representation. Our attorneys handle each client’s case personally, providing advice and representation specifically tailored to each client’s unique circumstances. Major practice areas of the Kohn Law Firm include:
- Bankruptcy – If exorbitant credit card debt, medical expenses or tax bills are weighing you down and keeping you from a stable financial situation, we can put a stop to the constant harassment of bill collectors and find a solution that works for you. Through Chapter 7, Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 bankruptcy, we can help you turn your life around and get a fresh start financially, even if you are facing foreclosure on your home or repossession of your car or other valuable assets. We can help you save your home in Chapter 13, or provide strong foreclosure defense against a wrongful foreclosure action.
- Contested and Uncontested Divorce – Obtaining a no-fault divorce requires more than just going to the courthouse and filling out some forms. Important issues such as the division of marital property, child custody, and the payment of financial support (alimony) to a former spouse, must all be decided. If these matters cannot be agreed upon between the parties, the judge will decide who gets the house, the kids and other vital family matters. Our attorneys represent clients in both contested and uncontested divorces in the Bronx, providing sound, practical advice in the negotiation of marital settlement agreements, and strong, professional representation when litigation is required to protect your rights and achieve your goals.
- Immigration and Deportation – Questions surrounding immigration law are more pressing and more important than ever. Let us help you with your family-based and employment-based immigration needs, including obtaining green cards and other visas, or attaining citizenship through naturalization. Equally important, our experienced litigators can provide immediate assistance and aggressive representation in deportation and removal defense, including representation at bond hearings and fighting ICE detention.
- Real Estate – There is a saying in the law that every piece of real property is unique. You go to a great deal of trouble to find that perfect piece of property for your home or business, or to develop a profitable investment, and to lose that opportunity due to some error, dispute or lack of diligence in the transaction can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our Bronx real estate attorneys are here to advise and represent you from contract to closing and everywhere in between. Let us be a partner in your success and help you realize your real estate dreams.
Call the Kohn Law Firm for Dedicated Legal Representation in the Bronx
If you live or work in the Bronx and need legal help from an attorney who understands your needs and where you are coming from, call the Kohn Law Firm at 718-409-1200. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your needs. You are under no obligation, and your consultation remains entirely confidential. We provide legal services in both English and Spanish, and we offer a variety of payment options, including contingency fee arrangements (no recovery, no fee) in personal injury cases. When you decide that your rights need professional legal protection, go where you know you will be understood: the Bronx’s own Kohn Law Firm.